Ferrea Beehive Valvesprings & Ti Retainers 4G63 6/7-Bolt
Retail Price: $503.04
Online Price: $503.04
This is the perfect spring and retainer option for your Built B-Series Street Car. In addition to superior spring geometry, the entire They are processed with premium grade alloy and feature special thermal treatment to provide top of the line performance in the most abusive conditions. Factory valvesprings were not made to handle the abuse of higher lift and duration, especially not at the rpm we take our engines to when racing, or even driving enthusiastically. If you are installing upgraded cams, do yourself a favor and install valvesprings and retainers while you're in there.
Your stock valve springs can fail in 3 different ways:
- BIND - They can "bind" and get stuck, losing their ability to open and close the valve. This is an easily diagnosable failure. Depending on how it binds, it could cause failure to other engine parts.
- BREAK - They can "break" into pieces dropping the valve into the combustion chamber and consequently ruining your bottom end.
- FLOAT - "Valve Float" is a hard to diagnose condition where the valve spring rate is not high enough to fully extend the spring and close the valve after a complete rotation of the cam before the cam comes back around again. So what ends up happening is that when the cam is spinning fast (high rpm) the valve never closes, and combustion leaks out of the engine, and the engine loses power.
All three of these conditions can be avoided by using these Ferrea Valve Springs and Ti Retainers.
Ferrea Beehive Valve Springs feature a variable rate changing diameter coil geometry that increases spring performance on street driven race engines by:
- Optimizes Valvetrain Harmonics
- Reducing Valvetrain Resonance
- Increase Spring Stability
- Increase Spring Stability
- Reduce Spring+Retainer Mass..smaller and lighter
Ferrea's Beehive Valve Springs Series is available for domestic performance street/strip and racing applications. Developed from premium grade super-clean PAC Alloy materials, these valve springs are progressively coiled with tighter tolerances, heat treated, stress relieved, and multistage shot peened for extended life and durability.
Ferrea is pleased to offer our Pro-Series Titanium Retainers including sizes that fit both traditional Domestic springs and Sport Compact springs. Precision CNC-machined from aerospace quality titanium, these Pro Retainers are fully heat-treated and finished to exact tolerances, adding strength while offering a 40% weight reduction over conventional steel retainers.
Eclipse Evo 1-9
Old Part Number Under SKU
Competitor Interchange Part Number Under SKU
Outer Spring Diameter
23.87mm / 28.07mm
Inner Spring Diameter
14.73mm / 18.85mm
90lbs @ 38mm
225lbs @ 28mm
Recommended Thrust Washer
Recommended Main Bearings
4G63T all years
Suggested Connecting Rod (Not Included)
Suggested Head Gasket (Not Included)
Standard Pin (Included) Specifications
Upgraded Pin (Not Included) Specifications
Pin Locks (Included) Specifications
Ring Part# Specifications
Front Spring Inner Diameter
Front Spring Inner Top Diameter
Front Spring Inner Bottom Diameter
Rear Spring Inner Diameter
Rear Spring Inner Top Diameter
Rear Spring Inner Bottom Diameter